Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A little bit about me

I started going to Zumba classes in 2006.  I wasn't really a person who exercised much but I loved dancing.  Zumba was the perfect fit for me.  

After a year and a half I decided to take the plunge and do the instructor training.  I went to an all-day workshop in Columbia, MO in February 2008.  Tony and Jessica Witt led this workshop and I loved every minute of it.  We learned the basic formula for Zumba, four rhythms and how to teach a class.

The day after I went through the training I started rehearsals for a musical so I had to put teaching on hold.  I worked on songs when I had the opportunity and got a few subbing jobs.  I did some "one time only" classes and subbed for instructors for many months.  After I started feeling more comfortable, I was ready for a class of my own.  

I was at Amore Dance taking one of Tony's classes when a fellow instructor said that All American Fitness needed an instructor.  I told her to give my information to the contact.  A week later I met with Stacey and ended up with a class.

I feel so fortunate to have met such wonderful people as a Zumba student and now as a Zumba instructor.  I hope to continue to teach Zumba for a long time and to add other fitness classes to my repertoire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment